Saturday, June 21, 2014

UNC Chapel Hill and Duke

A few days ago I made the trek to Durham and Chapel Hill, North Carolina to visit UNC and Duke. First things first, a little background. A few years ago I went to an information session before a volleyball camp at Duke, and I didn't love it. However, I thought I would give it a second chance! I honestly expected to like it the second time around, but it just didn't click. I skipped out on the tour (leaving discreetly after the information session). Something about the school just did not sit right with me... it is really hard to explain the feeling.


Even though Duke was not the best experience for me, I fell in love with UNC. And honestly, I had no idea what to expect. Driving into Chapel Hill for the first time, I was ecstatic. I was 100% flipping out. It was everything I had ever dreamed about, college-town wise. The first thing that I saw were the gorgers sorority houses!



My amazing hotel was also next to the frat houses, which were really nice as well!


My mom and I always talk about all of our thoughts on a college immediately after the tour, and here is some of what we said!

- It's large (about 18,500)
- There is a lot of school spirit, especially in athletics.
- An extremely pretty campus and a nice neighborhood
- VERY hard to get into out of state (and as a not-recruited athlete!)
- They offer early action
- A diverse campus
- On campus living guaranteed for all four years
- Support for study abroad
- Huge campus
- Liberal arts
- Well known
- Friendly
UNC was definitely a huge surprise for me. I never really thought that much about it before the tour, and now I most likely will be applying! Senior year craziness is just around the corner and I cannot believe it!


Safe travels! XOXOXO,

No comments:

Post a Comment