Wednesday, January 13, 2021

January 2021

 We are nearly halfway through the first month of 2021. Time moves so quickly with the quiet repetition of living through a pandemic.

I have dubbed this new year "Self Care 2021". 2020 felt like the year of scraping by and doing the best I could, but in this new year I want to double back and put my mental and physical health and happiness first. 

Here is an abbreviated collection of things that have made me happy in January.



I had a bit of a stress-induced online shopping spree a week or so ago, so I am slowly receiving packages over the next few weeks. Below are some of my favorite products I have been using this month, or things I am incorporating in my routine. 

  • Lighting a scented candle every morning and evening. Perhaps my favorite part of this is the ritual of lighting my candles with matches instead of a lighter. My mom gave me a package of pink matches for Christmas that I am obsessed with. Fun fact, you can bring matches in your carry on!

  • My Aerogarden: my dad sent me this cool indoor growing machine when we first locked down. I just now am trying it out and it is so fun to watch plants grow on my windowsill. Currently, I am growing Basil, Thyme, and Mint. Basil is growing the best, and I am so excited to use all of these on roasted veggies!

  • In 2021 I am going to make more of an effort to have nicely painted nails, versus the absurdly chipped nails I was sporting during most of the pandemic. Currently I am wearing Essie's "off tropic", a beautiful Hunter Green. Next up I am thinking I may move to a lavender or purple.

  • Chapstick and moisturizers are a must in the dry winter months. Currently for my lips I am rotating between classic Chapstick, Glossier Birthday Balm Dot Com, and Glosser Coconut Balm Dot Com. I love the sparkles in the Glossier birthday, it gives a nice subtle shine.

  • I am obsessed with Daily Harvest's oat bowls. They are delicious and easy to make, and I love eating a warm snack when the radiators in my apartment are slow to turn on!



I have learned that having great music playing while I work makes me happier and more productive. Below are some of my favorite songs on my January work from home Spotify playlist. One thing I am especially grateful for is that Bieber is back! I hope he keeps the new releases coming.


One Day At A Time : Quinn XCII

TRAP - Rompasso Remix : SAINt JHN, Rompasso

The Bender (with Brando) : Matoma, Brando

Bedroom : Litany

Tattoos Together : Lauv

Worst : Quinn XCII

let me love you : omgkirby

Anyone : Justin Bieber

you were good to me : Jeremy Zucker, Chelsea Cutler

Cool Again : Shoffy

Don't Want You Back : Bakermat, Kiesza

if we never met - remix : John K, Sigala

drivers license : Olivia Rodrigo

Runaway : Ziggy Alberts

Slow Dance : AJ Mitchell, Ava Max

shut up : Greyson Chance

Come Around Me : Justin Bieber

Bulletproof : Griffin Oskar

Lonely (with benny blanco) : Justin Bieber, benny blanco

Come First : Terror Jr


I hope you have a fantastic January and Self-Care 2021!

-Kelsey




No comments:

Post a Comment